Monday, February 11, 2008

GCHQing with the Honeynet Project

Nothing's impossible, the impossible just takes a little longer. If someone told me an year ago that I'll be presenting next to the dudes from the Honeynet Project, I would have been rather skeptical. So, after a week of intensive socializing among geeks, a windy trip to Stonehenge along the way and lots of drinks, it's becoming increasingly clear to me how important face-to-face conversations are for the sake of improving productivity and relationship building. It's also worth pointing out how issues such as dealing with information oveload, data sharing, and actually communicating all the aggregated data to the industry and the general public, need to get a boost especially at the strategic level. And now that I'll be officially joining the organization, stay tuned for for a diverse set of KYE (Know Your Enemy) coverage of the emerging threatscape.