Long story short - I've spend the last couple of months doing active Security Industry and Security Community outreach for the purpose of soliciting possible funding including feedback and operational activity type of support for the project - which is basically my old working place circa the 90's - Astalavista Security Group - where I've recently received a direct proposal to acquire run and manage and actually re-launch and re-surrect the portal the way we know it -The World's Most Popular Information Security Portal also know as the Underground.
What we currently need? Basically what I need is your financial support including possible operational activity support in the form of anything that you could possibly offer for the purpose of re-surrecting and re-launching the portal.
Consider going through the cyber security project proposal and approach me at - firstname.lastname@example.org for a possible donation using PayPal.
Welcome to the Wonderful Future of Information Security!
In a World dominated by technological innovation and inter-connected devices - the World's leading expert (http://ddanchev.blogspot.com) in the field of cybercrime research security blogging and Threat Intelligence gathering is proud to present the upcoming availability of a ubiquitous hacker and security-expert-friendly IoT (Internet of Things) device empowering Astalavista Security Group - The Underground 2.0 - The World's Most Popular Information Security Portal empowering Europe's oldest running and most popular Hacking and Security Company with the general availability of the Astalavista Security Group - The Underground 2.0 IoT device envisioned to be shipped to every home and every house internationally empowering a new and future generation of Hackers and Security Experts within a period of six months service the needs of millions of loyal users globally.
Astalavista Security Group - The Underground Security Lab Circa 2006:
The main purpose behind this campaign is to raise the necessary funds for the initial launch of the project including the first stage of the project which will consist of active Security Community operation and launch that would later on mature into a SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) type of ubiquitous IoT (Internet of Things) device shipped to millions of users globally empowering a new and future generation of Hackers and Security Experts.
CEO and Managing Director - Dancho Danchev - Presenting on the "Exposing Koobface - The World's Largest Botnet":
My name is Dancho Danchev (http://ddanchev.blogspot.com) and I represent the World's Largest and Most Popular Information Security Portal where I used to act as a Managing Director throughout 2003-2006 where I was responsible for daily Security News and Security Directory moderation and content management including advertising inventory including the launch and maintenance of a highly popular monthly Security Newsletter (https://packetstormsecurity.com/groups/astalavista/) with thousands of subscribers across the globe featuring exclusive Security Interviews with people from the Scene including Security News Security Articles and Security Directory submission type of content and I wanted to reach out to the Community with the idea to seek your assistance and future help in the upcoming launch of the portal.
The campaign will issue daily updates with fresh news directly from the Security Lab for the purpose of ensuring that the Community and possible backers remain on the top of the campaign updates allowing the Community and possible backers with the opportunity to direct their questions and possible feedback to the company CEO and acting Managing Director - Dancho Danchev.
The primary contact points for this campaign are my personal email - email@example.com and the following direct Skype chat and video conversation - https://join.skype.com/invite/cf5gmBfNdeYb where you can connect with me at any time for the purpose of this campaign including general feedback questions and possible features and inquiries requests.
I sincerely thank you for your time to go through this campaign proposal and I look forward to begin working with you.
Dancho Danchev is currently on LinkedIn, Twitter, Medium and Angellist and is running the Offensive Warfare 2.0 - Cyber Security and Hacking Community including Unit-123.org - The Industry's Leading Cyber Threat Intelligence Portal.
Astalavista Security Group - IoT (Internet of Things) Revolution - A Hacker and a Security Expert in Every Home - Prototype Stage - Stay Tuned for Related Updates on Product Concept Production and General Availability
Related IoT Device Specifications and Related Product Images:
Related IoT Device Specifications and Related Product Images:
What we need in terms of this project?
- We're currently seeking your financial support in terms of this crowd-funding project for the purpose of this re-surrecting and re-lauching the portal
- We're currently seeking a possible Investor and Project Adviser including VIP Signup including People in the following Staff Categories. Do you think you can help? Approach me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your possible involvement in the project in terms of Staff Members and possible cooperation
- Help us spread the word - the firs thing that we need is for you to ask your friends and colleagues to go through this Crowd-Funding campaign and possibly donate including to share the link with fellow colleagues and friends.
The Astalavista Security Group Crowd-Funding Project Timeline - Key Summary Points in Chronological Order
- Official Crowd-Funding campaign launch
- Reaching out to friends and colleagues on LinkedIn and Twitter including personal contacts
- Daily News from the Security Lab in terms of the campaign and how the money received will go for re-surrecting and actually re-launching of the portal
- Live YouTube Broadcast with CEO and Managing Director - Dancho Danchev - for the purpose of introducing the project and what exactly we're trying to achieve in terms of the crowd-funding campaign
How we're going to use the money?
The following is a brief estimate on how we're going to use the initial $50,000 as requested by my blog readers:
- $4,000 - Legal Fees
- $1,000 - Travel
- $10,000 - SaaS Platform
- $10,000 - Secure OS Development
- $5,000 - Marketing
- $10,000 - Product Inventory
- $10,000 - Miscellaneous Including Shipping and Official Launch
Astalavista.com - The Underground, is one of the world's most popular and comprehensive computer security web sites. Astalavista.com was originally founded in 1997, by a hacker computer enthusiast. Since then, the site became the underground's most respected and well maintained portal for anything you ever wanted to know about hacking and cracking.The enormous database, the constant updates, the unique nature of the content published, the new services and features, all offered for free, turned Astalavista.com into what it is today - a cult!
Mission Statement and Company Vision
Company Mission - "To manage launch and operate the World's Largest and Most Vibrant Hacking and Security Community empowering millions of users globally with the necessary data information and knowledge to stay ahead of current and emerging threats".
Company Vision - "To become the The World's largest security and hacking SaaS innovation and business development enabler successfully serving the needs of millions of loyal users across the globe - A Hacker and a Security Expert in Every Home".
Key Facts About The Company and the Project
- Europe's Oldest Running and Most Popular Hacking and Security Brand
- Ubiquitous IoT device in every house and every home running the proprietary and secure Astalavista OS featuring exclusive in-house and in-home access to the Premium and Proprietary Astalavista Security Group 2.0 API-based SaaS platform featuring unique access to the World's Most Vibrant and Largest Hacking and Security Platform
- A hacker and a security expert in every house and every home
- API-based self-sufficient cyber and unique branded hacking and security economy
- Millions of loyal users converted to loyal home and house users and experts
- The World's Largest and Most Vibrant Hacking and Security Economy
- Millions of security and hacking downloads
- Millions of security and hacking video downloads
- Millions of security and hacking book downloads
- Millions of security and hacking podcast downloads
Sample Security Search Engine that we're currently working on:
Project History - Astalavista 2.0 Throughout The Years
Interview with a core founder of Astalavista.com
Dancho: Hi Prozac, Astalavista.com - the underground has been one of the most popular and well known hacking/security/cracks related web site in the world since 1997. How did it all start? What was the idea behind it?
Prozac: Basically, it was me and a college friend that started Astalavista.com during our student years. The name of the site came from the movie Terminator 2 from Schwarzenegger's line " Hasta la vista Baby"! Back in those days there weren't many qualified security related web sites, and we spotted a good opportunity to develop something unique, which quickly turned into one of the most popular hacking/security sites around the globe. In the beginning, it was just our Underground Search List, the most comprehensive and up-to-date search list of underground and security related web sites, based on what we define as a quality site. Then we started providing direct search opportunities and started developing the rest of the site. Many people think we did some serious brainstorming before starting Astalavista, well, we did, but we hadn't expected it to become such a popular and well known site, which is the perfect moment to say thanks to all of you who made us as popular as we're today.
Dancho: Astalavista.com always provides up to date, sometimes "underground" documents/programs. The Security Directory is growing daily as well, and it has been like this for the past several years. How do you manage to keep such an archive always online, and up to date?
Prozac: Astalavista's team members are aware of what's "hot" and what's interesting for our visitors, just because we pay an enormous attention to their requests for security knowledge, and try to maintain a certain standard, only quality files. While we add files every day, a large number of those are submitted by our visitors themselves, who find their programs and papers highly valued at our site, as we give them the opportunity to see how many people have downloaded their stuff.
Dancho: Astalavista occupies people's minds as the underground search engine. But what is Astalavista.com all about?
Prozac: The majority of people still think Astalavista.com is a Crack web site, which is NOT true at all. Astalavista.com is about spreading secutity knowledge, about providing professionals with what they're looking for, about educating the average Internet user on various security issues; basically we try to create a very well segmented portal where everyone will be able to find his/her place. We realize the fact that we're visited by novice, advanced and highly advanced users, even government bodies; that's why we try to satisfy everyone with the files and resources we have and help everyone find precious information at astalavista.com. Although we sometimes list public files, the exposure they get through our site is always impressing for the author, while on the other hand, some of the files that are listed at Astalavista.com sometimes appear for the first time at our site. We try not to emphasize on the number of files, but on their quality and uniqueness.
Dancho: Everyone knows Astalavista, and sooner or later everyone visits the site. How did the image of Asta become so well-known around the world?
Prozac: Indeed, we are getting more and more visitors every month, even from countries we didn't expect. What we think is important is the quality of the site, the lack of porn, the pure knowledge provided in the most professional and useful way, the free nature of the site, created "for the people", instead of getting it as commercial as possible. Yes, we work with a large number of advertisers, however, we believe to have come to a model where everyone's happy, advertisers for getting what they're paying for, and users for not being attacked by adware or spyware or a large number of banners.
Dancho: A question everyone's asking all the time - is Astalavista.com illegal?
Prozac: No! And this is an endless debate which can be compared to the Full Disclosure one. We live in the 21st century, a single file can be made public in a matter of seconds, then it's up to the whole world to decide what to do with the information inside. We're often blamed because we're too popular and the files get too much exposure. We're often blamed for serving these files to script-kiddies etc. Following these thoughts, I think we might also ask, is Google illegal, or is Google's cache illegal?! Yes, we might publish certain files, but we'll never publish "The Complete Novice Users on HOWTO ShutDown the Internet using 20 lines VB code". And no, we don't host any cracks or warez files, and will never do.
Dancho: Such a popular security site should establish a level of social responsibility - given the fact how popular it is among the world, are you aware of this fact, or basically it's just your mission that guides you?
Prozac: We're aware of this fact, and we keep it in mind when approving or adding new content to the site. We also realize that we still get a large number of "first time visitors", some of them highly unaware of what the security world is all about; and we try to educate them as well. And no, we're not tempted by "advertising agencies" eager to place adware/spyware at the site, or users submitting backdoored files, and we have a strict policy on how to deal with those - "you're not welcome at the site"!
Dancho: We saw a completely new and "too professional to be true" Astalavista.com since the beginning of 2004 - what made you renovate the whole site, and its mission to a certain extend?
Prozac: It was time to change our mission in order to keep ourselves alive, and most importantly, increase the number and quality of our visitors, and we did so by finding several more people joining the Astalavista.com team, closely working together to improve and popularize the site. We no longer want to be defined as script kiddies paradise, but as a respected security portal with its own viewpoint in the security world.
Dancho: What should we expect from Astalavista.com in the near future?
Prozac: To put it in two words - changes and improvements. We seek quality and innovation, and have in mind that these developed by us, have an impact on a large number of people - you, our visitors. Namely because of you we're devoted to continue to develop the site, and increase the number of services offered for free, while on the other hand provide those having some sort of purchasing power and trusting us with more quality services and products.
Dancho: Thanks for the chat!
Prozac: You're more than welcome :)
A Brief Introduction to the History of the Scene Through the Prism of CEO and Managing Director - Dancho Danchev - The Maniac - circa the 90's
The Scene we know it back in the 90's was primarily consisting of several high profile security and hacking Web site portals including astalavista including several high Profile Top Links Lists for hacking and security Web sites including a countless number of personal hacking and security projects courtesy of users across the globe. Privacy did not exist as terms that would raise someone's eye-brows and Security and Hacking was a free spirit topic to which the CEO and acting Managing Director - Dancho Danchev - throughout the 90's used to spent a decent portion of his time going through Security and Hacking manuals documents and text files including the experimentation with various Security and Hacking tools including ICQ flooders, Nuke Bombers and trojan horses leading him to pursue a career as a member of a variety of Security and Hacking groups including a successful career as a Technical Collector of trojan horses with the market leading anti-trojan software at the time - Trojan Defense Suite and LockDownCorp's LockDown2000 anti-trojan software throughout the 90's.
Trojan Information Database courtesy of CEO and Managing Director - Dancho Danchev - exclusively created and developed for Trojan Defense Suite:
Security and Hacking Newsletter courtesy of CEO and Managing Director - Dancho Danchev - The Maniac - circa the 90's - exclusively developed for Blackcode Ravers:
The Most Popular anti-trojan program circa the 90's with CEO and Managing Director - Dancho Danchev - Acting as Technical Collector of trojan horses
The Most Popular Trojan Horses Text Document Throughout The 90's courtesy of CEO and Managing Director - Dancho Danchev - The Maniac.
Personal Project of CEO and Managing Director - Dancho Danchev - throughout the 90's - "Security is Futile".
Personal Web Site Project of CEO and Managing Director - Dancho Danchev - throughout the 90's - "Security is Futile".
Yet Another Personal Project of CEO and Managing Director - Dancho Danchev - throughout the 90's - "Security is Futile":
The following list of feature will offer insight on the upcoming core features products and community-based services and products
New Core Astalavista Security Group 2.0 Products
- Secure Desktop PC - Introducing the World's most private and anonymous Desktop PC - The Quebes OS
- Privacy Router - Introducing the World's most secure and privacy-oriented VPN router part of the CHAVPN closed-access network group
- Secure Mobile - Introducing the World's most secure and versatile security and privacy-features enabled Mobile Device
- Secure PC - Introducing the World's most secure tamper-proof Desktop PC
- Secure Keyboard - Introducing the World's most secure and privacy-proof security keyboard
- Secure USB - Introducing the World's most secure FIPS-validated USB storage device
- Wireless Penetration Appliance - Introducing the World's leading Wireless Penetration Appliance
- Honeypot appliance - Introducing the World's leading and most versatile honeypot appliane
- Penetration Testing Appliance - Introducing the World's Most versatile penetration testing appliance
- Bluetooth Penetration Testing Appliance - Introducing the World's most ubiqutous and secure Bluetooth Penetration Testing Appliance
- Astalavista Malware Connector - Infected with Malware? Let our experts and Security Team take care of the rest
- Astalavista Cloud Antivirus - Introducing the World's Premier Cloud-based Antivirus Scanner
- Astalavista DNS Security Service - Introducing the World's Most Comprehensive Sensor Network for anticipating and responding to current and emerging threats
- Astalavista Web Site Malware Scanner - Are you a Web site Owner? Let our service automatically scan and detect and remove malicious software from your Web site
- Astalavista Honeypot Service - Interested in learning more about cyber threats? Consider becoming part of World's Most Comprehensive Honeypot Sensor Network
- Astalavista Threat Intelligence Service - Worry about malicious software entering your network and data premises? Consider subscribing to The World's Most Comprehensive Threat Intelligence gathering and sharing Service
- Astalavista Penetration Testing Service - Are you part of a security organization worrying about the latest threats facing your infrastructure? Consider becoming part of Astalavista's Penetration Testing Service - the Woqrld's Premier Penetration Testing on Demand Service.
- Astalavista Security Training Service - Interested in learning more about computer and network security? Consider becoming member of the World's Most Versatile Portfolio of training courses and material
- Wargames Server - Want to learn new hacking and security tricks and tools of the trade? Consider obtaining access to our sophisticated Wargames Server
- Astalavista Security Group's Security and Hacking Search Engine - Introducing the World's Largest and Most Comprehensive Search Index of Hacking and Security Content
- Hacking Mailing List - Introducing the World's leading and most proprietary Hacking Mailing List
- Hacking E-Zine - Introducing the World's Leading Hacking E-zine featuring content from hundreds of security authors and experts from across the globe
- Bug Bounty - Do you have experience in finding security bugs and vulnerabilities? Consider joining the World's Largest and Most Versatile Bug Bounty program
- IRC Network - Are you a fan of IRC? Consider joining the World's Largest Hacking and Security IRC Network and talk with us in real-time
- Security Conference - Introducing the World's Leading and Premier Security Conference Event featuring thousands of security experts conversations and discussions
- Security Comic - Are you a fan of Comic Books? Consider obtaining access to the World's Premier and Leading Information Security and Hacking Comic Book
- Security Incubator - Do you have an idea for a new security product or a service? Consider submitting your project proposal and we'll be happy to assist with an investment proposal
- Security and Hacking E-Books - Introducing the World's Leading in-house portfolio of Hacking and Security E-Books empowered by hundreds of security experts and authors across the globe
- Job Search Engine - Interested in finding the latest and hottest security job? Consider obtaining access to the World's Leading and Most Comprehensive Security Career Portal
- Hacking Game - Enjoy playing computer games? Consider obtaining immediate access to Astalavista Security Group's Flagship Online Premium Hacker Game - The Underground
- Hacking Radio - Enjoy listening to music and security podcasts? Consider obtaining access to Astalavista Security Group's Security and Hacking Radio
- Security Podcast - Enjoy listening to the latest security news and events across the industry? Consider obtaining access to Astalavista Security Group's Premium Security Podcast
- Security Newsletter - Enjoy keeping yourself updated with the latest security news and events across the industry? Consider obtaining access to Astalavista Security Group's Security Newsletter
- The Initial Stage of the project will consist of the official launch of the Astalavista Security Group official subscription-based invite-only portal.
- The Second Stage of the project will include the general availability of an IoT (Internet of Things) device shipped to millions of users across the globe using a proprietary SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) API-enabled Astalavista Security Group OS (Operating System) empowering a new generation of Hackers and Security Experts - A Hacker and a Security Expert in Every Home.
- The Third Stage will include the launching of an Internet-enabled Cubesat in Space empowering the World's Largest and Most Popular Information Security and Hacking Community and empowering a new generation of Hackers and Security Experts with a personal gateway and Space Hub to spread their knowledge information and data reaching out to millions of users globally.
- The Next Phase will include the launch of global Cyber Security and Hacking R&D Research Lab empowering a new generation of Hackers and Security Experts with innovative services and products positioning the Company as the World's Leading Provider of Information Security and Hacking Products and Services.
- The Next Phase will consist of active vertical-market integration further positioning the Company as a leading provider of Internet Media and Broadcast Services including the acquisition of a variety of market-leading Cyber Security Products and Services.
Eternal Self-Sufficient Hacking and Security Economy - Project Details and Milestones - The World's Largest and Most Vibrant Hacking and Security Economy
Imagine a World where everyone can become whatever they want to be. In this campaign the CEO and acting Managing Director - Dancho Danchev - will aim to raise the necessary funds to build manage and operate what can be best described as an eternal self-sufficient Cyber Security and Hacking Economy empowering millions of loyal users across the globe with the necessary data information and knowledge to learn and make impact internationally successfully earning a decent portion of revenue for sharing and collaborating with fellow Security Reseachers and Security Experts - entering every home and house globally using a ubiquitous IoT (Internet of Things) device shipped and delivered to millions of loyal users across the globe.
AI-based Crypto-Currency Self-Sufficient Cyber Economy Token-Based Economy
The following brief summary of the key feature behind the IoT (Internet of Things) device to be shipped and delivered to millions of users globally prior to the official launch of the project will offer a brief-introduction with additional details to be published in the form of campaign update and possible daily update regarding the World's Largest and Most Vibrant Hacking and Security Economy.
- What day is today?
- Who's running the portal?
- What's their reputation?
- Number of blog posts
- Number of security apps
- Number of companies owned
- Number of companies managed
- Number of people trained
- Number of positive comments
- Number of content votes
- Number of attacks detected
- Number of attacks prevented
- Number of servers protected
- Number of attackers detected
- Number of malware processed
- Number of sensors running
- Number of conferences launched
- Number of podcasts created
- Number of videos created
- Number of training created
- Who's hosting the portal?
- Who's managing the Portal Support?
- Number of administrators
- Number of moderators
- Number of core features
- Who's on the board of directors?
- Who's acquiring new customers?
- Who's spending money?
Personal Memoir of CEO and acting Managing Director - Dancho Danchev - throughout the 90s - "Cyber Conspiracy - Who Owns Them all".
- Chapter 01 - In the Beginning there was One
- Chapter 02 - Getting Connected
- Chapter 03 - Owning the game
- Chapter 04 - Online is Trouble
- Chapter 05 - Getting Confused
- Chapter 06 - More Trouble
- Chapter 07 - Owning the Scene
- Chapter 08 - Contact is Trouble
- Chapter 09 - Money is Bad
- Chapter 10 - Owning is Trouble
- Chapter 11 - Bad Date
- Chapter 12 - Travel is Bad
- Chapter 13 - Owning the Scene - Part Two
- Chapter 14 - Getting in Trouble
- Chapter 15 - After Me
- Chapter 16 - Chase me Down
- Chapter 17 - To A Safe Escape
"In 7:00 am, Sten, quickly, woke, up, and, heart, the, sound, of, the radio. A childish, fairly, tale, quickly, draw, his, attention, and, prompted, him, to, wake, up. Mom and dad, quickly, drove, in, Sten’s room, busy, to, go, to, work, and, prompted, him, to, dress, up, and, go, to, school. Gathering, his, belongings, was, easy, notepads, textbooks, learning, material, pencils, and, a, backpack, full, of, things, to, bring, to, school. Quickly, entering, the, premises, of, the, doorway, Sten, yelled at, next door, neighbor, best, friend, and, both, quickly, left, the, premises, and, gathered, to, ask, for, more, of, his, friends, ready, to, go, to, school. Jesebelle, quickly, noticed, the, two, of, them, coming, their, way, and, carefully, prepared, to, go, to, school. On their way, they, met, Constantine, who, waited, for, them, to, gather, on, their, way, to, school.
Preparing, for, the, day, was, quite, a, gathering. Sten, entered, the, front, door, of, the, school, followed, by, Jezebelle and Constantine, and, his, best, friend, next, door, neighbor, Gater. Followed, by, the, most, of, the, students, back, there, the, classmates, entered, the, classroom, and, sat, on, the, desk, table, ready, for, school. Fist, thing, Sten, did, was, to, prepare, for, class. He, unpacked, his, belongings, and, got, ready, thinking, about, what, he’ll do, once, he, gets, back, home, sitting, in, front, of, his computer. The class, was, quite, a, gathering, with, all, of, his, classmates, entering, the, classroom, followed, by, their, friends, and, the, teacher. The class, began, followed, by, most, of, his, classmates, entering, the, room, with, the, teacher, slowly, checking, who’s present, and, who’s not. First, things, come, first, with, the, teacher, slowly, checking, who’s, about, to, share, his, lesson".
An Additional Excerpt:
"With, lessons, about, to, get, over, Sten, and his, friend, decided, that, time, for, home, was, even, better, and, they, quickly, wandered, around, figuring, a way, to, find, the, hallway, as, they, decided, to, go, back, home. The trip, was, quite, a, pleasant, surprise, with, both, of, them, walking, the, same, path, as, they, walk, on, an occasional, basis, as, they, decided, that, time, for, home, was, even, better. Entering, the, hallway, was, quite, an, experience, and, both, of, them, feeling, a feeling, of, belonging, quickly, entered, the hallway, and, decided, that, time, for, home, was, even, better. Quickly, packing, the, bags, was, easy, as, a lot, of, friends, decided, that, time, for, home, was, even, better, as, they, decided, that, time, for, home, was, even, better. Quickly, decided, that, time, for, home, was, even, better, Sten, and his, friend, quickly, packed, their, bags, and, went, on, to, see, their, friends, as, they, decided, that, time, for, home, was, even, better.
Slowly entering the premises of what can be best described as home, grandma was quick to prepare lunch a cozy feeling of home-belonging and a warm fireplace feeling of personal self-belonging. While paying attention to what Sten managed to achieve during the day, grandma payed attention to his lesson by a personal feeling of belonging to what Sten would do next during the afternoon. Sitting and watching right behind him, grandma took the time and effort to pay attention to his lesson and a personal feeling of self-belonging quickly started to take place prompting Sten to learn his lesson even faster. The TV quickly ran a story following a placement of an animated cartoon aired on Ostankino a Russian national-TV back in the time called “Maya” the Bee.
The time has come to play a game. Sten quickly powered his 16-bit Pravetz PC 2MB RAM and a screen full of computer game choices quickly appeared prompting him to choose a game. While loading a relatively known game known as Scorch Sten decided to play two hours and then proceed with meeting his friends and start a discussion with his grandma. A huge fan of strategy games Sten decided that he didn’t have the time to dedicate to play his favorite game - Sid Meier’s Civilization and instead he figured that he would eventually play the game later throughout the day. Playling Scorch was quite an experience and he took a few hours of his precious learning time to interact with the game."
Sample Mind Maps Representing the "Big Picture" in Terms of the Project:
Astalavista Attracts The Following Audiences
- Novice computer users
- Enterprise Decision Makers
- IT staff personnel
- Non-profit organizations
- Government and Military Institutions
- Fortune 500 companies staff members
These stories are taken from various talks with our visitors, their intention is to bring more insight in the various individuals using our site.
- The System Administrator - "As an administrator of a network of one thousand computers, my job consists of guaranteeing that our applications are build in with security in mind, that our desktop computers are malware and spyware free, and, to a certain extent, that our users are aware of various computer security hazards. I visit Astalavista.com whenever I look for something in particular, or just to follow the trends. Astalavista.com has obviously evolved during the years, it has turned into a daily updated security portal, emphasizing on the most severe security issues, not just listing tools and documents. When I visit the site, I know I am up-to-date. Most of our desktop computers are using IE, something that is hopefully going to change after I show the statistics of spyware infections to the management. Anyway, I came across some unique patches to IE at your site, which I applied on all the desktops. I also blocked all known CoolWebSearch ip ranges again by finding an article at your site. The best about Astalavista.com is that I never know what I'm going to find at the site on the next day. As your submissions cover so many IT/network/security/privacy/social/espionage topics, sometimes I cannot catch up with you, people. You're resourceful!"
- The Novice Computer User - "Mainly because this is one of the best sites related to security. I want knowledge, I want tools, I want to know some patch to improve the security of my computer, and no, I don't want to become a hacker. I just care for protecting against the latest threats. Astalavista.com always provides me with content that I cannon find anywhere else; and the best thing is that you take the time and effort to update the site on a daily basis. I visit the site because it's "for the people"; it's as much as possible ad-free, or whenever there are some ads, they're not distracting or annoying - something that is rarely seen these days. When was the last time when you found something worth reading or using at the site, and how did it help you improve your security? Well, I learnt how I had been infected with viruses and worms all the time through a couple of tutorials. Now, I'm much more aware of what's going on when I connect to the Internet. A couple of months ago I didn't realize that my computer is under attack all the time. Now, I know that I can stop most of the threats if I first know that they exist - this is how the site helps me."
- The Researcher - "For me, Astalavista.com is still the underground site I used to visit during all these years. But if you hadn’t repositioned it into a more security related instead of a hacking oriented site, it would have probably become a public disaster, given the rise of the script kiddies and wannabe hackers these days. At the site I find code and docs I cannot find anywhere else - if I were to Google around, it would be pretty pointless. The best about the site is that it is always up-to-date. My job consists of analyzing malware and spyware activities around the Internet, and then providing a reliable, yet innovative solution to the problem. I am impressed by the amount of information I usually find - anything somehow related to my research at your site. When was the last time when you found something worth reading or using at the site, and how did it help you in your research? Spyware details, I find a lot of info about spyware trends, and, of course, the latest released backdoors, which I could analyze later on. The approach you use with your Security Directory is great. I can always look at another aspect of the topic just by following the next submission. My best regards to everything you do at the site, it is one of my favourite ones."
- The Corporate Representative - "As a CIO of a large enterprise, I always need to know what is in the wild, what might be next - proactive thinking plays an important role in my job. Your site is among the ones that I visit every day and sometimes it has more power to change my current strategy than some public survey or a computer crime statistics. We have realized that IE is not as secure as we thought it was by reconfiguring certain features. I myself have a very busy schedule so I do appreciate the amount of well-categorized information at one place - the way I see it at Astalavista. We were also able to identify 0-day tools that bypass all of our desktop firewalls and allow the execution of malicious software. Currently we know more about the technique used and we have managed to block it. Astalavista.com gives me another vision - something that I cannot receive from the security companies we are working with."
- The Hacker - "Astalavista.com is a true underground site. By “underground” I don't mean a place where illegal individuals exchange thoughts, tools etc. This is the only place, independent of products and companies, where people, even guys that I know, still submit tools and papers for the idea of doing it - not for the financial gains. I'm alive at Astalavista, for me it is like I got slash-dotted with knowledge, just because sooner or later everyone visits the site, and it's the best place for all kinds of audiences. Although there're a lot of tools at the site, it's knowledge, not tool- oriented. When was the last time when you found something worth reading or using at the site, and how did it help you in your activities? People's code, which I analyze later on, people's papers and the way you present security information as a whole. Recently I found an advanced assembly-programming tutorial at the site. I had never come across such a good one before - it gave me useful tips and rare comments about them".
- Hack others and let others try to hack you and earn money in the process
- Launch your own hacker and security company
- Earn money for being a hacker and a security expert
- Teach others and learn from others and earn money in the process
- Learn how to find security bugs and break into computer systems and earn money in the process
- Track down hackers as they try to attack your infrastructure and earn money in the process
- Earn money from sharing and distributing security and hacking data and knowledge
- Track down malicious attackers as they try to attack your infrastructure and earn money for participating
What We Need and What You Get
- Initial investment to expedite the process and to begin to work on the project right away and to define time-to-market
- Possible relocation for the core founder including eventual office space
- Investment commitment to ensure a smooth and proper launch of the platform
- Financial and corporate mentorship to ensure that the project wouldn't be left behind
Sample Astalavista Security Group Security Training Material To Be Released Prior To The Official Launch
Cyber threat analysis
Cyber jihad analysis
Basics of OSINT
Basics of Cyber Jihad Analysis
Basics of SIGINT
Basics of COMINT
Information Warfare Training
Assymetric Warfare Training
Information warfare dominance
Basics of Intelligence Studies
Basics of CYBERINT
Basics of Counter-Threat Intelligence
Basics of Cybercrime Research
Basics of Threat Hunting
Malware Analysis for Beginners
Who's Dancho Danchev?
Dancho Danchev is the world's leading expert in the field of cybercrime fighting and threat intelligence gathering having actively pioneered his own methodology for processing threat intelligence leading to a successful set of hundreds of high-quality analysis and research articles published at the industry's leading threat intelligence blog - ZDNet's Zero Day, Dancho Danchev's Mind Streams of Information Security Knowledge and Webroot's Threat Blog with his research featured in Techmeme, ZDNet, CNN, PCWorld, SCMagazine, TheRegister, NYTimes, CNET, ComputerWorld, H+Magazine currently producing threat intelligence at the industry's leading threat intelligence blog - Dancho Danchev's - Mind Streams of Information Security Knowledge.
With his research featured at RSA Europe, CyberCamp, InfoSec, GCHQ and Interpol the researcher continues to actively produce threat intelligence at the industry's leading threat intelligence blog - Dancho Danchev's - Mind Streams of Information Security Knowledge publishing a diverse set of hundreds of high-quality research analysis detailing the malicious and fraudulent activities at nation-state and malicious actors across the globe.
Dancho Danchev currently maintains and has maintained one of the Security Industry's leading Security Publications - Dancho Danchev's Blog - Mind Streams of Information Security Knowledge since 2005 and has already received over 5M page views including the establishment of a loyal base of users with the idea to spread data information and knowledge on current and emerging Cyber Threats.
Need to Know More? Get in touch with me today!
Approach me at email@example.com regarding this campaign including your donation or sponsorship including general questions feedback press inquiries or anything related to this particular campaign. Looking forward to begin working with you. Stay tuned!