Monday, January 16, 2006

Future Trends of Malware

Great news, that I greatly anticipated, my "Malware - Future Trends" research got Slashdotted. The strange thing is how my actual post and numerous others from different respected sites weren't approved. I guess I would have to live with that, given the huge number of hits and new subscribers to my feed I have received for the last couple of days :))

Someone once said, that it’s all about to courage to write down what you think. And he was right, but he missed to mention, that you should also stand behind what you believe in. There’s nothing more important than disseminating that kind of information to the broadest audience possible, in the fastest way achievable. The comments, links recognition and active feedback that I have been receiving, are the best benchmark for the usefulness of my research. So, thanks!

My “Malware – future trends” publication has recently appeared at :

Packetstormsecurity.org
Securiteam.com
Net-security.org
LinuxSecurity.com
Infosecwriters.com
WhiteDust.net
ISECA.org
BankInfoSecurity.com
Wiretapped.net
Astalavista.com
CGISecurity.com
Megasecurity.org
Secguru.com
Wikipedia's entry on Malware

to name few of the sites, and in various blog comments :

Computerworld’s IT Management Blog
Datamation's Blog
Sergio Hernando's post, and the Google translation
Alan Cardel's Blog
Worm Blog

And many others : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

The more naysayers, the more important is what you are doing, and I have come across a lot of them, though I wouldn’t even bother to link them back. They are a valuable incentive on a certain occasions. It's a great feeling that I missed for a little while, it reminds of the how differently people react to one another’s success and hard work. I totally enjoy people quoting me on every sentence from a 26 pages publication I pretty much finalized on Xmas eve, just for the idea of doing it.

Cheer up, guys, and go through my points objectively.

What I truly like, is the debate it opened up here and there, one of the main ideas behind it. Feel free to post your comments at my original announcement, Malware - Future Trends.

Technorati tags :
,,,,,